Medical grade titanium medical devices designed and manufactured to fit each individual. Personalized solutions for those patients who need a maxillary reconstruction due to bone loss due to trauma, tumors or congenital diseases.
Temporomandibular joint solutions
Customized ATM prosthesis
The technology we have available allows us to design and manufacture custom-made TMJ prostheses from a CT scan. The designers together with the specialist surgeon create the design of the prosthesis, in such a way that it fully adapts to the needs of the patient. They can be unilateral or bilateral. They are indicated in case of disorders of the temporomandibular joint, ankylosis, tumors, trauma, congenital diseases, among others.
The advantages offered by this product are:
- Includes biomodel, design and manufacture of surgical guides for osteotomies and positioning of the plates, as appropriate.
- It integrates seamlessly with tissue.
- Condylar plate in sintered titanium, designed and manufactured to measure 2.5mm in profile, condylar component with mirror finish for contact with the part of the glenoid cavity.
- Glenoid cavity component made of Sintered Titanium and Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene ASTM F648. Both designed and manufactured to suit the patient. The titanium part is to facilitate osseointegration and have a more stable fixation and the Polyethylene part for contact with the condyle.
- Technical support in implant design.
Biomodels are anatomical models derived from a tomographic image of the patient, which allows us to obtain a representative 3D image of the patient's situation. Biomodels provide the surgeon with certain phases prior to surgery, which would otherwise be more complicated or require more effort and time. Among them: convincing the patient to carry out the treatment and precise planning of the surgical procedure. Biomodels can be helpful in planning incisions and osteotomies. In addition, biomodels are clinically proven to reduce surgery times and thus patient exposure to anesthesia and blood loss.